Saturday, January 10, 2009

almost worked...

My 'aunt' Laurece is an amazing artist. She free hands these awesome murals and they just come out incredible! Such a talent! Anyway, she's offered to paint Luke's room for us and is going to be stopping by to get some ideas. I don't know if it's because my Mom always decorated with such beautiful pictures and shelves with candles and greenery, but we never used paint anywhere as part of the decor process. So last year when we owned our condo I was always a little hesitant to paint walls. (Except my red wall above the fireplace - I knew I wanted that) 
Now that the house is brand new and pro painted, I'm even more hesitant! If I screw it up and want to go back, it'll never look the same! I know I want Luke's room to really 'pop' so I've decided that as long as Laurece is doing it, I'm comfortable. However I'm a bit of a wuss and take no chances, which does nothing for her mural abilities. I mentioned this to Aunt Cindy and she surprised me by jumping on the mural wagon!?! She sent me these and I absolutely LOVE them!! We've decided to not use them, as the room won't allow one whole open wall to be furniture free, and you just can't cover this up. It's my favorite, but now I'm trying to get my little brother to put it in his room, so at least I'll be able to enjoy it on occasion.

I would've had her make a couple changes: 
6 lockers (2 baseball, 2 football, and 2 soccer)
probably only 2 shades of blue for the lockers and alternate them - but I love the look that the shaded red gives, so somewhere red would be in there (are you noticing I'm into that darker red?) Maybe even use the browns and dark reds to add a more vintage look to them...

I don't know, I love it but it's just not going to work this time. Rest assured I did find something. Something still absolutely adorable, and a little less dramatic for us wimps over here... Ben likes the one we'll use much better, he's not into the sports stuff like I am. I'm not into the team type stuff, but this stuff above is just so BOY to me, I love it!
I've decided to wait to share what we've found until after I see Laurece and go over it with her, but you'll probably even have to wait until it's all done - I want to wait and give you the full effect! :)

(Click 'awesome murals' above to see her work website, Rustic Painting - it's also on my blog list to the right)


4 comments:

~The White family~ said...

You are such a tease! I don't want to wait....I want to see it NOW!

Christina Johnson said...

I already sent it to you! You don't apply! :o)
Did you get your email with these and one other this morning?

Gramma Carol said...

Seeing what you picked was the main reason I clicked your blog the first chance I got today!!!!! I want to seeeeee what you chose!!!!

The lockers are cool...they would be totally awesome in Nick's room.

Rusting away in Washington said...

I'm so excited to get working on it!!We are going to make that room look so great! Thanks for all the flattering words!