Monday, October 8, 2007

The weekend rundown

Friday was kind of scary: Ben and Rich moving an 800 pound safe from our front porch into the utility room! (gotta love 'curb side delivery') They managed to move it without breaking it, themselves/eachother, AND all my walls are in tact and scratch free!! I really wanted to take pictures but was afraid that the flash from the camera, or the irritation that I was documenting this event, would destract the boys and then it would be my fault if something happend... Sorry. I made them dinner and then Rich left so Ben could focus on getting ready for work.
My Grandma came over after Ben left and we watched Narnia. I love that movie! I definitely get my nightowl traits from Pink Gramma. The movie ended at midnight and then we chatted for a while before she left.

On Saturday morning I got a massage, but not the good relaxing kind - this is the kind that is trying to stop spasms in my back from after the accident, the kind that leaves bruises - not fun... Then Aubrey, Brady and I ran errands and I finally got our bedroom furniture ordered and paid for!! Sadly, Aubrey took the kids and went back home after our 'date'... 5 more days until I get to see them again...
Ben and I made dinner and watched football until he had to leave for work... It's such a bummer when his weekends don't jive with mine!

Sunday I was awoken by a cheerful Ben at 6:10, because he got to finally use his mace at work :) He's been whining for a year about how it just takes up space on his belt and he never needs it - now he can stop. Don't worry, the maced individual completely deserved it! Kicking a cop is never a good idea (Ben's partner was on the receiving end of that foot)
After the story, he climbed into bed and I slept in a little, just so I could snuggle up to him for once this week! Tried a new chinese place for lunch with my Grandma, got an overdue oil change, got my hair done, and then went bowling and to dinner with Jared and Emily!

(And... um, with the hair thing... I'm kind of a brunette now - we'll see how long this lasts)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW....I can't wait to see the new hair :) And I am so SUPER EXCITED to see you this weekend...We are finally going to have that strawberry ice cream I have been promising :) Hope you are having a nice day. Miss and love ya!

Aubrey