Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4 months

Luke was 4 months last Friday and had his appointment on Monday. The boy is over 16 pounds!! I told the doctor that I'm having a hard time keeping up with him (he wants more milk than I can produce) yet he's satisfied and he spits it all back up. Doc said, "feed him!" So we had our first adventure with rice cereal... Luke's not really a fan yet. Monday he got 4 shots and really I think just wanted to be held and fed his bottle, yesterday we made another attempt, which was only semi productive. He's just into it. Can't quite make the connection yet that he's supposed to swallow it, which is very surprising... He's a champ when it comes to medicine/mylicon, but I guess all of that comes out of a tube, so he can suck it out like a bottle. Anyway here was our first attempt:







And I'm back to work today... Lots of prayers!

2 comments:

~The White family~ said...

He's so stinkin' cute! And oh, my 16 pounds, BIG BOY! Love the bib it super cute. All of mine took awhile to get the eating thing down. It is so different than sucking and they try to do that but it really doesn't work. Keep trying it and he will get it soon! He just needs to get used to the feeling of it and how to swallow it.

Lot of prayers for you today and I will be thinking of you often. Let me know how it goes. Love ya!

evjlaj said...

I know you think he's cute but you know he cant help it --- look at his Dad and Gpa Chuck. Of course his Mom is not bad herself amd she may have had something to do with it also. Wish we could see him someday when you are passing by.