Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Birthday/Vetrans Day!!!

Ben had Friday and Saturday off this weekend!!! Friday night Ben met me at work and we went into Seattle and had dinner where we ate for our first date: Dicks in the U district. :) We then jumped back into traffic and went to the Sonics game (tickets courtesy of a partner at the firm I work for) It was actually a good game at the end, though we lost by a basket to Utah.
Yesterday morning I had my massage and then we took off for Tacoma, with a quick stop at the Super Mall first! Yesterday was the Marine Corps 232nd birthday and Duke's Chowder House was gracious enough to give a free entree to all the Birthday Marine's with ID. So we had lunch on the Tacoma waterfront and then hit the antique malls downtown... We wrapped up the evening quite early and just lounged on the couch the rest of the night.
... And the reason I'm bad at this: I again, forgot to grab my camera!!! I realized this just past Federal Way as I was admiring the Mountain and loving what a nice day it turned out to be! UGH!

Ben was supposed to have tonight off but wants some new toy for his guns so he took an overtime shift... Gun 'toys' come from overtime :) Not that I'm stingy, but if they came from the bank account, he'd have way too many! (As opposed to the just 'too many" now) Last Saturday we found out the the training class County was sending him to last Sunday was cancelled and rescheduled for today... So Ben's essentially working all day, on his holiday too no less... "Happy Vetran's Day honey, thank you for your service!!... Now go to work for 17 hours!" :) Don't feel too bad for him, before leaving he showed me what toys are going to be on there way soon, so he's pretty excited.

He's in Kirkland tonight so hopefully they all behave up there or they'll be sorry! Tired Ben = Grumpy Ben... The boy doesn't really like giving tickets as much as he like catching people... It's like me fishing - I like to catch them, but I really like to let them go more than keeping it and cleaning it, and then figuring out how to cook it, or if it's really edible??? I'm not a seafood person, can you tell?
For him it's all in the hunt! Though there are plenty of fools out there who just love to talk their way INTO a ticket... He has fun with them too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update! I'm sorry that the ball was such a bummer. Please extend our thanks to Ben for his service! We very much appreciate those who are willing to stand in harms way so that we can enjoy our safety and freedom.

We love you!

Aunt Teresa

~The White family~ said...

Thank you Ben...We love you!!!