Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sorry...

So the reason there aren't any pictures up from the ball is because i just don't have any!
I forgot my camera and then it turned out that no one from Ben's unit stayed for dinner, they all headed out right after the ceremony. Last year Ben's unit started to 'piggy-back' onto the other unit's ball so things aren't quite the same. We missed last year's ball becasue Ben was training for County, or we would have realized that paying for dinner was just a waste. The other unit didn't even acknowledge that anyone else was there. They had a guest speaker and gave him a gift and it was just from them... This other unit really bugs me anyway: They all have 'red tags', actual peices of red tape on their uniforms and tht signifies that they joined the Marine Corps ONLY if they never see combat! WHAT?!? I have to say that I was far from thrilled that Ben went to Iraq, but I am incredibly proud of him... and his courage to do so. Why join? I know that not everyone can go out into the field, but to join in complete refusal is just kind of cowardly to me.

And due to the fact that this unit's never been anywhere - some only have a few medals and ribbons, so they photographer they brought in was taking the pictures from far away... Ben's uniform is far more impressive with 6 medals and a ribbon to show off - and you can hardly see them with how far back the picture was, not to mention poor quality photography. I think what will end up happenning is that soon we'll stage another photo op.

2 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Whatever! Do you really expect me to believe that Ben would get dressed up again for a photo op? Please! We will just have to get some really good ones when we go to VEGAS!

Christina Johnson said...

Actually it was Ben's idea! Whether he was just talking or for real is debatable!