Sunday, September 30, 2007

Grrrr!

So I'm dealing with something right now that is so incredibly frustrating and I can't let it go... Which unfortunatley, only adds to my frustration.

If you say you're going to do something, you do it! Right?

Vague, I know... but I wonder if the awareness is just gone. Do people not realize when they're essentially making promises?
I'm really not talking about Ben saying he'll take the trash out and then he runs out for work and forgets it in the kitchen...
I'm talking about saying something that impacts the way people proceed in their lives. Changing their plans, you know real altering implications.

"Think before you speak!" I'm contimplating making a neck sign that says this and wearing it as my new favorite piece of jewelry.

Don't get me wrong - it's not new... Growing up, I've dealt with disappointment. We all do; it's how we learn, grow, build up a healthy defense system, and hopefully learn to gauge just how far you'll let the people you encounter in and still be able to protect yourself. (ya know, 'just in case').... Like I said it's not new, I just seem to be running into it a lot lately!

I wish the "My word is my bond" days were here again! Or was that only in the movies?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me, we'll talk :)

Anonymous said...

That was me...Aubrey that just posted that "anonymous" comment :)

Anonymous said...

I bet I know who let you down?
Love you..........

Christina Johnson said...

It's not so much that someone let me down... Just observing that as an adult - I expect to be held accountable for the things I say, so... Very surprised that I've actually found this to be less and leass true of others. No wonder I love hanging out with kids way more than 'big people' :o)