Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Almost 33!


I feel like this kid's really starting to pop out. Seriously, like he's trying to escape! He stretches himself out, what feels like sideways across my torso, and tries to push as far out of my sides as he can. It's an incredibly odd feeling while I'm sitting, but when I'm trying to walk, the muscles are being used (I'm guessing) and it's actually a bit painful. My abdomen is pretty tight now all the time, still no stretch marks =) And I'm REALLY hoping that carries through the next 2 months! Interestingly enough I can eat Hot Tamales, strawberry lemonade, pizza and even a diet coke (not all together) and not get heartburn, but bananas and water seem to be the big red buttons. Gotta have water, therefore I have a travel pack of Tums that I grab for more often than my cell phone, wallet, and chap stick combined. Sleeping has been a bit of a joke lately. Between the 3rd trimester sinus drain down my throat, lower back pains from being up and moving all day, thinking about my previous/or next LONG & draining day at work, and needing to get out of bed every 1.25 hours to empty Luke's new speed (punching) bag - formerly known as my bladder... Not much resting happens. However, I still manage to get up, out of the house, and through my days alright. Even though it doesn't feel all that rejuvenating, it must be doing the trick.
All in all the most annoying thing is the sinus issue. I've read that it can feel like you have a cold during the 3rd trimester, unfortunately for me my sinuses are tipped or something because whenever I'm sick - it doesn't quite make it to the front of my face to drip out the nose, just flows right on back down the throat. TMI? Sorry, it's so gross, It's also not really new because of pregnancy for me. I was once told I had overactive glands in my sinuses and given a steroid nasal spray to shrink them. It worked after a few weeks, but you have to keep taking it... I'm not much of a medicine taker unless it's really necessary. I couldn't see the benefit of shooting steriods up my nose for months only for it to inevitably destroy all the tissue up there and cause other problems... Certainly don't think I can take any now anyway. Enough about that!

Otherwise, we're doing really well. Ben is gone this weekend for HIS LAST DRILL!!!!! I'm so excited! As proud of him as I am for serving, I'm ready to be done with this phase of our life. YAY!!

8 comments:

Gramma Carol said...

I never heard of a 3rd trimester sinus situation. I had the 3rd trimester punching bag syndrome, however.

Gramma Carol said...

Hey, check it out. You're finally starting to look a little pg. :-)

~The White family~ said...

I can't believe you are almost 33 weeks! You look amazing (but that's nothing new ;)

J Yo said...

You are so cute...and I'm 10 weeks behind you and just as big. :)

Have fun during these last few weeks with just you and Ben! And just my opinion, Gaviscon (like Tums) works WAY better for the heartburn. It's yuckier, but works better...

Anonymous said...

Now it looks like a baby Luke is growing
Aunt Debbie

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Love the picture and the update!

Devin and Chelsey said...

my oh my you poor thing. The sinus thing really isn't fun, I have it and I'm not that far along, and it's kicking my butt. Hope you get better soon so we can see eachother!

Rusting away in Washington said...

Cute Belly! I agree with J Yo, Enjoy the last few week of it just being you and Ben. Life is going to get alot fuller.