Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Water Retention

... I got this one figured out! For the last couple weeks my ankles, the right one especially, have just been ridiculously swollen. Doesn't matter what I do - they're huge. I'm sure working 6 days a week & stupid long hours doesn't help, but my doctor hasn't had any problems with it yet. I did go to weekly appointments early because last Wednesday my blood pressure was too high - but I'm pretty sure I know what that's from, and I told them when I got there I was sure it was going to be high. They stuck me on the monitor anyway for the non-stress test. I calmed myself down and Luke was just fine jumping around in there with the juice they'd given me. This week I stayed calm and my appointment yesterday went just fine. I'm measuring right on, some braxton hicks contractions but nothing to worry about. My blood pressure and his heart rate were good and they let me go about 5 minutes after I got there.

Back to the puffiness though - this is annoying! I had to take off my engagement ring Monday because both it and my wedding band were just a little too much for the hot-dog looking things that I used to call fingers. My face feels like a balloon, Ben thinks I'm overreacting because I've had such a sweet last 5 months, that may be... but it still drives me nuts! I think it's a lot worse than it probably could be because of the hair cut I got a few weeks ago. I'm so disappointed with it! It was supposed to be easier to maintain, but it's just a nightmare! The color is NOT what I wanted. She added a light tint of red so that when the browns faded they'd still be a warmer brown - she put in way too much. My hair is no longer a dark blond or even close to a light brown - it's freaking red! Which wouldn't be so bad had she not cut off about 2 more inches than I wanted her to. I wanted shoulder length - it's to my chin. I have a rounder shaped face, so I never go too short, pair it with the puffy preggo face and I'm resembling the blow fish a little too much. I know that I can change the color, but the length really has me bummed. My hair doesn't grow that fast, even with the pregnancy vitamins. I know it'll eventually get there - but not before the most photo documented time of my adult life thus far... All the pictures that will be taken when this baby comes - I won't be able to forget it.



Oh well, I thought I'd leave you all a picture of the updated, water absorbing me:


Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

~The White family~ said...

WHATEVER! You are beautiful and I know for a fact you look nothing like the picture you posted!!!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Amen to Aubrey's comment!! You are beautiful!

Gramma Carol said...

I was 19, carrying Chris, and had the swelling soooo bad I truly know what you mean. It is very uncomfortable. The last several weeks, I could only wear flip flops. I was glad it was summer. It is not fat and will come off. You will be your former self once again someday! Have no fear!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness if I thought I could get off the floor I would have fallen laughing so hard. You are to funny, I can't wait to read you book.
Love Aunt Debbie

Devin and Chelsey said...

HAHAHAHa, you crack me up. I'm afraid of the wedding ring thing too. I have a back up ring that's a size bigger just in case that happens, it's just a solid band. I'm glad the ankle thing isn't anything serious too. That's great that your blood pressure is down and that Luke is doing very well. Do you know if he's turned at all yet?

~The White family~ said...

POST A PICTURE OF YOU!!! I am here in Moses Lake and I want to see my friend 35 weeks pregnant! (I think you need to do this weekly for me from now on...Love ya :)