Tuesday, March 31, 2009

102.4!!

...Nope, not a new radio station, this was my temperature at 3:30 this morning!!
I started with a little cough yesterday that I completely assumed was allergies, because I never start a cold with a cough! The cough comes at the end usually and hangs around for a few days. I haven't felt sick, even yesterday, just a cough. So late last night the cough got a little more frequent so I found a mask under the sink that I had with the cleaning stuff and started wearing it while holding my boy. Through the night I felt progressively worse and after Luke's 2 am feeding I could not get warm. I had a ton of blankets and I was still shivering, it was miserable! I called the on call doctor at my OB office, which happened to be my doctor last night just to make sure that it couldn't be connected to the c-section. It was on the list of things to watch for and call, but I assumed it had been a long enough time ago. However before I just took Tylenol and toughed it out - we had to be certain. She was confident that it was unrelated... Now I just have to figure out what it is! I hate it, I can't snuggle my boy! Thankfully Ben's home today, but not being able to hold him other than feedings is really, really going to stink!

I'll post pictures of Luke from over the last couple weeks later today... He's 4 weeks old today! I can't believe how much he's changed and how fast he's growing! We moved out of Preemie clothes late last week!  

6 comments:

J Yo said...

Oh, how sad Christina! It's never fun to be sick as the Mommy...I'll pray you're well soon. PTL your hubby's around to help out! :)

J Yo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We have a alert over her that this nasty cold starts out as a cough, I pray you are feeling better soon...
Aunt Debbie
I love you more then anything but if you are sick on friday, just pass Luke through the door to me so I can see him :)

Devin and Chelsey said...

Oh no you poor thing. Well let me know if you need some home made Chicken noodle soup. I hear a make a killer one! I hope you get better soon.

~The White family~ said...

:( What are you doing sick? I have a sinus thing going on from my allergies but no fever. Hope you are better soon so we can get together! I am missing my nephew!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick! I'll be praying for a quick recovery and that no one else gets it!