Thursday, February 21, 2008

Are you kidding?

For those that don't know, I work for a moderately sized accounting firm in Bellevue. As many know the close surrounding areas are home to some rather wealthy folks... We get to call some of them clients! I get green occasionally when I see trust fund babies walking out to their brand new Range Rovers, but it's also fairly entertaining.

So I was covering the phones yesterday afternoon when a gentleman called and wanted to speak to one of the partner's here - he became rather frantic when he learned she was in a meeting... I asked if there was something I could help him with and he began to tell me that he had just sent a fax with "personal information" on it and doesn't want it sitting in the fax machine...

Dude, are you for real? THIS IS AN ACCOUNTING FIRM!!! There's not a single document (paper, .pdf or otherwise) in this office that doesn't contain someone's personal information!

Of course I told him not to worry and that I would go grab his papers and get them to his accountant right away... but seriously, what a nerd!

2 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Silly rich guy!

Devin and Chelsey said...

LOL, wow that's too funny. What a guy.