Monday, February 25, 2008

Emotional Roller Coaster!

Brandon, Aubrey and the kids came over this weekend. Ben and I got to see a few of the kids when we picked Brandon and Aubrey up for dinner Friday night. Uncle Ben and Makenna got to read a quick book, Lexi showed us her latest dental work, and I got to hold sweet 'little' 21 pound Brady boy! Then off to a yummy dinner at Chili's!
Saturday was the gun show for the boys (work for me) and then later to Sumner with Aubrey, where I showed some self control, but still managed to come home with a backseat full - a couple bags belonged to Aubrey :o) In my defense, one of the items took up half the backseat and was only $29! Saturday night was quiet movie night at home...

Sunday morning I woke up and decided to finally order my new lens! It's not quite the one I wanted, it's the 'knock off" manufacturer - I've heard that the glass quality is still really good and with my still fairly novice skill - I shouldn't have too much of a problem. I also ordered an external flash with bounce reflector and a tripod! I was quite excited! Then my Mom calls with news that a relative had passed away, I hardly knew her, but she was 35 and it's still quite sad for the family... The cause is still up in the air so the next couple hours are spent with sporadic calls with details and more questions.
THEN our good friends call up and tell us that they just found out they're expecting their first baby...

And now it's back to work for my 1st Monday of the week (It works out way better having 2 Mondays - that way Saturday is just a half-day Friday!)

1 comment:

~The White family~ said...

I had a wonderful time with you this weekend! It sure went fast :( And I already miss you like crazy! But in 4 weeks we'll be back and I think another Sumner trip will have to he had :)