Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend

I had to work Saturday and made it in time to see the last 15 minutes of Nick's basketball game, while Ben had some shooting 'thing' followed by the old car swap meet with his dad... We met up at Pink Gramma's and then off to do some chores... By the time 6:00 rolled around we were both beat and ready for a night IN! We stopped into the bar at The Keg and had some yummy French Onion soup and then straight to Game Stop (across the street) where we finally broke down and bought Guitar Hero... I had yet to play this game because I refuse to have the first video game I've played in the last decade to be in front of a Guitar Hero crowd. Yes, crowd... GH has become quite the event! I had Ben start to play assuming he'd tire out and take a break, i.e. nap, and then I'd be able to get in a quick crash course before he awoke so that I wouldn't suck so bad. That didn't work! Everywhere else he's played., someone else has unlocked all of the songs and all he had to do was pick one and play it, now he had the challenge of unlocking them all... I fell asleep somewhere between Pat Benatar and Tenacious D.

On Sunday we ran some errands at South Center, hit Fry's where I was able to get some new digital image editing software (that I still can't completely figure out), then went across the street to Coulon Park where we grabbed some lunch and sat by the water. When we got home I helped Ben start his nap before heading back to work by honoring his V-Day massage coupon. Poor guy, being the husband of a Licensed Massage Therapist, you'd think he'd get some regular care, or at least the occasional decent massage... Nope, I'm in the accounting industry now... and it's Tax Season! One hour later, he was snoring and I was all by myself with that wicked game!
I'm still not that great but, as Chris would put it, I "suck less"!
:o)

Nick with the ball (Blue #1)

Nick avoiding the foul (or guarding his boy-hood?)

My guy and his 'guitar'... He's actually quite irritated that I'm taking this 
(check out the face- he's giving me crap about it)

To see what I mean by GH being an 'event' check out the older blogs here or here. Every Holiday since the release of GH III, it has been played! Be glad there aren't pictures of New Year's at Jared's - Ben had to work that night so he was fine, but the other's... drunks playing Guitar Hero - it was only briefly entertaining.

4 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Fun weekend! I have a sneaky suspicion that this weekend will be fun too ;)

~The White family~ said...

btw...I LOVE the red wall :) Great decorating :)

Christina Johnson said...

Thanks... Between the angle and the flash of the camera, it made those lights on the wall really bright!
I am so glad you guys decided to come home this weekend! Can't wait to see you!

Chris Kaatz said...

Welcome!!!