Wednesday, April 9, 2008

1 week!

One more week until taxes are due!!! I'm so excited to not have to work this awful schedule anymore! On the flip side, we thought we were doing the 'right thing' with our withholdings this year - turns out we didn't own the condo long enough to get the interest we needed - Now we owe!! Not just little pocket change either. It's a bit of a blow - but hey, what can you do!?!

We're getting closer with the house thing :o) Next week I'll be able to really focus on it and get things going. I've got A LOT of work to do at the condo, mainly reducing all the clutter, to get it sell ready!

Praying for a quick sell!!! Going back to an apartment until the house is built doesn't even bother me. It'll be saving money until we have a bigger mortgage... And it's less stress than building outside of contingency... that's way too scary to think about!
I'm wondering if we should maybe move somewhere outside of our normal little circle just to be able to try new things for a few months... Might be fun :o)

6 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Chrisitna quote: "I'm wondering if we should maybe move somewhere outside of our normal little circle just to be able to try new things for a few months... Might be fun :o)"

Hmmmm...I know this great little town you could move to for a few months. Hey, I know this couple who would probably let you even stay there and save even more money! You'd have to put up with their 5 adorable little kiddos though! ;) I'm sure it would be the new experience you were looking for and fun as well! You should totally go for it!

Christina Johnson said...

HA! To save money, we'd have to be able to make money... Moses Lake is one heck of a commute! If you were maybe a couple hours closer - I'd be ALL over it!

~The White family~ said...

Alright, well I tried :) Can you tell I miss you?

Gramma Carol said...

You could come stay at Gram's, except I don't know what we'd do with those cougars you own...

Jon & Jen said...

Hey, if you need a place, one of our next door neighbors is trying to find someone to take over her lease (it runs through July 15th).

You'd love it up here; the commute to Bellevue is a mere 20 minute bus ride!

Ooh, and if you need a real estate agent, the one who sold our house was awesome! It only took two weeks, and she was super helpful with cleaning and staging.

Devin and Chelsey said...

Wow, you are building a house huh? where? That sounds like a lot of work and it also sounds AWESOME! Tell me about it