Thursday, April 17, 2008

Whewww!!!

It's over! No more 1st quarter crunch!
I managed to squeeze yesterday off to go to Matt's graduation from the State Partol Academy. He looked so good! It was a nice ceremony aside from the Gov. trying to hug some of the new troopers while handing them their commission cards... Good boy Matty backed up a little - Ben was then, even more proud of him!

Ben looked pretty darn cute too! Shirt, tie, badge, gun... While every other person was in their department dress uniform - Ben went a little more comfortable, and was glad for it.

Neither of us had been to the capitol buildings since elementary school field trips so it was cool to see them again, not much has changed. The one thing I loved was standing in the Rotunda building, with Matt and his class up front and a Trooper in uniform leading the entire foyer in prayer! I was awesome that the heads of the state's police organization, were there acknowledging, thanking and honoring God in the Capitol building. It was way cool!

As we were leaving there was a little American flag that had somehow been detached from it's wooden stake and blown away into the grass. Ben couldn't stand it all crumpled up just lying there like trash - he walked through the grass and snatched it up and shoved it in his pocket. He's a good boy!

Unfortuanately, Ben got mandated overtime last night which put me going to Nick's game by myself, so he could get a little sleep. After getting myself lost for 20 miuntes, I fianlly made it to see one of my little brother's (regualr season) games! I've missed a bunch with busy season - but now I get to start making it up :o)

Having yesterday off and getting a FULL hour lunch today's a little awkward, I'm not really sure what to do with myself! I just wish Spring would finally kick in... instead we get more snow this weekend??? That's so not cool! ;)

3 comments:

~The White family~ said...

YAY! Congrats on tax season being over!!! I am so excited to have my dear friend back...I've missed her SO much!

XOXO

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Sounds like a cool time at the capitol.
I'm glad that the craziness is over for a while hopefully you will quickly adjust back to having your lunch hour. :)

Jon & Jen said...

I'm glad tax season's over too! Although I'm not personally in the tax biz, I think I can speak for most accountants' spouses in saying that we'll be glad to have our partners back!