Wednesday, April 2, 2008

stress & PRAYER

See how in the title, I'm trying to really focus on the prayer part... it sometimes works!

Down to the last 2 weeks of tax season and I'm just tired! Being here until 7:30-8 at night with 5-10 minute lunches during the day, is really old. Working so late that I don't really see my husband - is also making me grumpy!! And as if work alone wasn't enough, Ben has his interview for that day shift tomorrow at 2:30 (middle of his night). There's 2 others that ended up applying, both with far more seniority :o( Ben's a bit bummed and not retaining much hope for it, but I'm still really praying that:
1) Ben can get enough sleep to be at the top of his game, and
2) that they'll see how focused he is.
Everyone said it could take years to get through the interview process and hired, Ben took 2 months from application to 1st pay check. (They also said he'd probably have to wait until he was at least 25 before they'd even consider him... But again, 2 weeks after turning 23 and he blew right through those interviews and psych eval's.)
AND we're looking into selling our condo to buy a house (new no less). We've filled out the applications to find out what we're really looking at, so we'll know more in the next couple days... But we really, really want this!! I think selling the condo will be the biggest task - so God's hearing a LOT about that! I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment but am trying to heed my Dad's advise of "don't panic". So far this morning, I'm doing okay.... God's got my voice playing in his ears about 95% of my waking hours - but I'm semi productive here at work so that's good :O) ... It's a beautiful day... And there's a mandatory staff meeting at lunch today... They're catering in to make sure we all take a break and eat something. (As much as I dread the commute, I really do work for great people!)


Well, there it is... Mi Vida Loca!

1 comment:

~The White family~ said...

XOXO! We are praying for you :)