Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Moving right along...

I wasn't feeling all that well yesterday, I woke around 2:00 in the morning with a killer headache! I've never been one to get migraines - but in the last year I've had a few that, from what I hear, can be absolutely called a migraine. :o( After about 3 hours of water, advil, tylenol and some double vision I was able to doze off a little. Needless to say I was far from impressed when my alarm went off 15 minutes later. Yeah, NO! I reset it for 7 to call my boss, only to wake again at 6:15 when Ben got home and came in, "Are we going to work today?" "In a word, NO!!!! Now pleeeaasssseee shhh!" He crawled in next to me and I didn't even hear him snore until I pulled my rear out of bed at 10:30! (I paid for that last night - unable to fall asleep until well after midnight) So I got up, ate some cereal and made the best of my day off by doing some touch up painting and carpet cleaning. I got the good, deep scrubbing, out of the way before the picture guy comes on Friday to get some shots for the condo. We thought it would be listed this week - but it looks like Monday's the day! Lots of prayers going up that this all works out like it's supposed to! Monday is also the day for our electrical appointment with the builders for the new house. Final design options have to be in a week from tomorrow! Ben's got Marine Corps obligations from Wednesday to Sunday out of town, so I'm planning on spending some time in the showroom - nailing down colors for the cabinets and counter tops, etc. We've been twice together and he's given what little opinion he has on that stuff, "Whatever makes you happy... Just not these... These colors won't make you happy!" So I pretty much just know what we're NOT doing :o) After these appointments next week - they'll get it started with the permits and release it into construction hopefully at the end of May, after that it's just 54 week days (minus Holidays and a few scheduled non-working days for the builders)

This whole thing seemed so far fetched at first but it's all just falling into place and working out very nicely, granted we haven't actually listed the condo yet - We've totally got this in God's hands! Ben's far more planned out and not big on financial leaps of faith (or leaps in general) - but he's the one that's totally comfortable with all of this and has been great at calming me when I start to panic - reminding me that we've already given it away, and that we don't want to miss what God's really doing by playing the 'take-back' game.

5 comments:

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

I'm sorry about the migrane! They are miserable!

I'm very excited for you guys regarding the new house!

~The White family~ said...

We are excited for you!!! Good luck with ALL the options...

Jon & Jen said...

Let me know if you want any help picking out your tile, paint, cabinets, and stuff... that is what I used to do for a living, after all ;-p

Gramma Carol said...

This is going to be so fun! Can't wait till it all comes together!

~The White family~ said...

Where did your other post go?