Friday, April 3, 2009

Really late night!

Posting is much, much easier than talking at this time, so I'm very sorry to those that might have normally expected a phone call - this is just a much easier way to update.
Last night I had a new "fun" symptom. My Mom was here and when I told her she started telling me that we needed to go in. Ben called a few minutes later and I was trying to get an ally so I told him expecting him to side with me that she was over-reacting. Dumb move! Apparently the fevers and lack of sleep impaired my judgement into thinking that was a good idea. He totally took her side... And so did the on call doctor. So Mom and I loaded up Luke and headed to the ER for some blood work. I got to do the "ha ha!" when nothing immediately relevant to this pneumonia showed up, but the doctor and both of them pulled the "better safe than sorry" card. 2 iv attempts, 3 blood draws from 2 different sites, 1 big bag of fluids, and an iv antibiotic to jump start the ones I'm already on... And we got home around 3. I was so excited about finally being able to crawl into bed, but Luke was excited about eating. RIGHT. NOW! With being so sick, yesterday my milk production slowed drastically and I was nursing every couple hours trying to keep his tummy satisfied. At 3 am, I was out far earlier than he needed me to be. The binky wasn't cutting it and there didn't appear to be any chance he was going to be able to sleep for any amount of time to let me hopefully get some more 'in'. So I here I am with a very sad baby (not the mad cry but the sad, pathetic little pouty cry that makes you feel so bad!) pacing my room trying to rock him to sleep, crying myself and just begging God to ease his hunger long enough for us to sleep a little and to give me enough to provide him with what he needs when he wakes up. God answered my prayer and finally at 4 he was sleeping and we didn't wake up to eat again until 7, and again at 10 - which I had just enough to get him back to sleep. He is so good!

Thank you all so much for your prayers!   

We're going to lay back down but I promise to post later and there will be a 1 month picture and update of my little man!

4 comments:

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

We will keep praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

I will be over a brammy's tomorrow, I have stuff to make a somewhat bland soup if you like?????
Aunt Debbie
We will at grammy's about noon

J Yo said...

You poor girl...I can't imagine trying to take care of a brand new baby with pneumonia!?! You're in my prayers!! And I hear you with the milk production thing. I almost totally lost mine when Hails was 2 months and it was a PAIN to get back. Hopefully your body will do it naturally, but if not call your OB. There's a prescription of something they can give you to help boost production...

Take care and get well!! :)

Devin and Chelsey said...

ohhh my goodness that is just so sad, that tears at my heart. I wish I could do something for you guys... )-: