Monday, April 27, 2009

See Luke, Mom was around!

Being that I'm the one always taking the pictures around here, I'm not actually IN any pictures with Luke. (My Aunt has taken a few but they were early on from the hospital and from the house the day after we came home and I wasn't really 'put together')
Luke and I went up to my work on Thursday to join in on the After Busy Season festivities (they were kind enough to invite me even tough I had to leave early March!) This year's party was a Mariner game viewed from a wonderful suite! So Luke did his first game and hung out with a couple of my co-workers. He was very good and an Safeco Field employee even dug a baseball trading card out of his bag on the way out and gave it to us for his first baseball card. It's a few years old and of a Padre. I wonder if the player or card meant anything to this old guy, but the elevator let out and we were walking to the car alone... And 98% of everyone was long gone so there wasn't a crowd to safely blend into.
This weekend we picked up my in-laws from the airport who were vacationing in Mexico for almost 3 weeks. Grandma couldn't believe how much Luke had changed! He's now about 11 lbs and he's getting little chubby cheeks and legs! :o)
Saturday night Luke slept on my chest all night long, we still had our feedings so he didn't sleep through the night, but I was too tired to try and put him back in his bassinet. He always wakes up when I lay him down and then we do the pick up, comfort, lay down, shake the bassinet, plug with the binky and add in the Mylicon because now he's on his back and the bubbles tend to get painful on his back after he eats... And then again, and sometimes again, if it didn't work. This way he fell asleep immediately while I was burping him, and he sleeps SO GOOD when he sleeps on his tummy, facing us, snuggled in on the chest that it's so hard to want to spend the energy staying awake, when I can just lean back and sleep and snuggle with him. We all get more sleep this way. (I was better last night and he stared out in his bassinet and stayed there until about 3:30.) We even attempted church yesterday morning! We got in there and he slept through the worship part and as soon as the sermon started, he was up and with a tummy ache (stupid antibiotics!) I left the sanctuary out the nearest door when he'd get fussy and it put me smack in front of the newborn-2 year nursery. Kaelyn was in there so I checked on her a few times and then Luke and I sat and pumped his little legs most of the time to ease the pain, after about 10 minutes of that, I'd take him back in and he'd be fine for another 10 minutes and then I could hear and feel bubbles in his stomach and he'd get fussy. The Mylicon was left on the counter so we had to keep repeating the leg pumps and leaving. Lake Sawyer doesn't have a 'cry room' with audio piped in so I missed most of the sermon. Each time I came out the women in the nursery kept begging me to check Luke in so they could oh and ah over him closer, and then I could go back in and actually listen to the pastor, but after surveying the current occupants: 2 snotty faces, 1 barking cough, 1 little cough, and a mystery goo. I just really wasn't feeling it! I politely told them that I just wasn't ready to be where I couldn't hear him yet and then tried to get the chick that was holding Kaelyn to come over to the window and keep her there to avoid her exposure to germ central. Hopefully after these antibiotics are gone (2 more days!!) he'll be feeling better and next week we can try it again. I'm going to have Dr. Mark (our chiropractor) look at Luke again today to see how his right side's doing. A couple weeks ago (right before the ear infection) Luke's head  seemed to be always going to the right side and his shoulder was elevated. I should have taken him in then, but was still hung up on how little he was. And then when he got the ear infection on his right side, I knew I blew it! When we went in last Wednesday Dr. Mark  adjusted him and he's been much better with his range of motion in his neck since. I probably could've avoided the whole ear infection/antibiotic had I done it earlier, but now I know and am going to have Dr. Mark at least look at him every couple of weeks. 
This morning we're off to meet an attorney, things are starting to get a little hairy with the medical bills after the accident/delivery and it wasn't suggested, but hinted that I might want to talk to someone (from my adjuster at our insurance company)... The at fault party's insurance offered me like $500 and said that seeing as I was going to have Luke anyway, and that he was alright - they weren't covering the costs for anything pertaining to the delivery. I don't expect them to cover the entire thing, but from what I've heard they are responsible for anything over an normal delivery, i.e the 2 extra nights, for both of us, the additional drugs, the OR, etc. If that stuff goes to my regular insurance, and then we pay the 10% after their coverage and our deductible - that $500 isn't really going to cover it.  Not out looking for a huge pay-out, but we'd already paid our portion of a 'normal delivery' to the doctor and hospital. I just want the bills paid... Preferably before we go to collections! Our medical insurance company also believes that Farmer's should pay a portion... which leaves bills in limbo while they're arguing. It's getting messy, so we thought we'd consult an attorney that Dr. Mark recommended, he's supposed to be the non ambulance chasing type. We'll see.
Well here's a couple pictures that my boss took of us at the game, hence the title of this post -  I finally have a picture with my boy that I look somewhat 'together'... I wish you could see him better, he had his cute little baseball outfit on!

The HVC group
 (minus a few that didn't come)
Luke & Laura... Any GH fans out there :o)
He loves to snuggle in his carrier! See his hat, the whole outfit was that pattern - so cute!
Charlie (new managing partner), Steve (former managing partner - he's 'retiring') - both looking at Luke, Serena and us.

1 comment:

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Very Cute! You both look great! Hopefully we can see you in person soon.