Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's HOT!

It's 9:00 and still 80 degrees outside! I can't tell if it would have been a good thing or not to have had someone out today to look at the condo - probably a BIG waste of time. Once they found out how uncomfortable it was in here today - there's no way anyone would have offered to buy it!

Thursday morning I walked into the kitchen at work to find 2 tickets and a parking garage pass for last night's game. Ben was off so I snatched them right up! I think we have new favorite seats. These were the first row of the third deck, about 3 sections up the third base line. Foul ball territory! There were just killer seats and it was a beautiful night! We quickly became aware of the rather large man 6 rows back who was lovely enough to shout out every single thought that came into his mind. Hours of useless sports 'trivia', I use this term very loosely, as I'm certain that at least half of it was completely made up! Game started at 7:10 and if anyone noticed that unpleasant odor eminating from the downtown area - that was Batista stinking it up giving up 3 runs in the first inning! With almost every pitch in the first 4 innings I shot a look towards left-center field just hoping I'd see activity in the bull-pen! (Not that we have a pitching staff anyway.) We almost caught up several times but just couldn't pull it out. Still, a night out with my husband is pretty hard to ruin. However, it was almost tested a bit when we got to the car to find a note on the windshield saying "Sorry I bumped you car - here's my number, call me"... No dear, you didn't 'bump' my car - I need a new hood! It only took Ben to Mercer Island to cool down completely and be ready to chat about other stuff :o) I was able to get a hold of the woman today and she was VERY sweet and a Christian to boot, she doesn't seem to want to make this a difficult thing to get settled - which is such a relief!

This morning I got to sleep in until 7:45 - it was awesome! Ben left with his Dad to the gun show shortly after and for once I decided to stay behind. I took a long shower and bummed around the house for a bit, it was also awesome! Then we went and put the SOLD sign on our lot finally, we should have done it when we drew up the Purchase agreement but it was... ahem SNOWING at the time and we didn't want to be cold - instead we roasted in 95 degree heat. Mind you this was like 3 weeks ago! Ben came home to nap as tonight is his Monday and he needs to be able to stay alert! Awake he can do, alert is what he needs!
I went to Nick's game and saw 2 of my Grandma's, Dad, Chris, Nick, and a ton of very sweaty little boys try to battle out their best in the devil heat!

I picked up dinner on the way home and when Ben prayed he made mention of the heat and asked God to shelter us from the brimstone and fire that was descending upon the Earth at the moment ... I really pray God has a sense of humor, because Ben really likes to show his personality in his prayers!

Ben's off to work now, and I got online to notice Aubrey totally kick my rear in the posting department, so I thought it was time to maybe throw up an update.... Though I really love her updates - they always include pictures of my cute girls!
This was the view from our seats - We came back to the games just in time to see Richie off his suspension, from the game last week we went to :o)

...And this is with my wide angle. If only I could have captured some of the 'fabulous' commentary to share.

2 comments:

~The White family~ said...

WOW! Good girl...I like to read about what you are up too! Sounds like you had a great friday night and saturday :) I miss you :( I hope you have a great day tomorrow and that it cools down a bit for you all over there. It's so weird to go from 67 degree weather to upper 80's the next to almost 100 today! Crazy! But it's supposed to cool down over here a little each day and then tues and wed it's going to be down right chilly and rainy (my perfect weather :)

Loves
xoxo

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!