Thursday, May 22, 2008

Heartbreak

This morning my typically uplifting radio show, was not so upbeat. How to cope through tragedy was the topic today. Listeners called in and shared their stories of heartbeak and how by God's grace they overcame sorrow and despair. I love that I can listen and pray along with the DJ's for others - it really helps with the mind melting commute I have... This morning we were praying for well known, Christian artist, Steven Curtis Chapman and his family. They lost their little girl yesterday when she was hit in their driveway, by her older brother who didn't see her. How awful it must be for the family but also for that young man that now has this terrible burden to live with. So today, my thoughts and prayers are with them and, I'm reminded again of how precious and fragile life is.

Steven Curtis Chapman's site

Note: there's a link on the right that says 'meet Maria and express condolences' if you click there, posted is a very sweet YouTube video.

2 comments:

~The White family~ said...

My heart is breaking for them. I got an email last night from the Pastors wife and my heart hurt for the whole family when I heard and especially the brother who hit her. Oh, the pain and heartbreak he and the rest of the family must be going through right now. Lots of prayers for them!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

We're praying too! What a tradgedy. It's so comforting to know that God doesn't waste anything and that some how out of this he will bring good. Romans 8:28.