Thursday, June 5, 2008

Archives

I was taking a look back through some picture directories on the computer this evening and here are a few favorites that I found.

April 2004 - With Chris and Papa in Las Vegas (Gram was snapping the picture.) Ben and I were engaged at the time and every single wedding chapel we went by Papa would say, "I can have him here in 3 hours - just give me the word!" (I miss him!)

December 2004 - There was a box of loli-pops at our wedding rehearsal... Ben and Makenna having a loli-stick sword fight
Dad and me... and our loli's! So classy, I know... It was a Kent wedding after all!
Summer 2005 - Hearing from Ben in Iraq was always so uplifting, he sent this one day with a note that said, "No wonder people are always fighting here... Everyone's always so pissed off because it's so hot!!!"
*Note this was taken sometime before noon - not even as hot as it got... And yes, it is reading in at just under 130 degrees!

July 2005 - The Longhorn : Tiffany and Me (And Jake, back left)
Uncle Larry as Elvis dancing in front of everyone! That was a fun night!

October 1, 2005 - Sea-Tac Airport: Ben coming off the plane

That night, Ben and Ollie catching up on some lost snuggle time.

When Ben got home we brought all his gear into the house with us, Ben took off his blouse (camo top) and dropped it on the floor. Ollie walked over to it, took one sniff and then peed on it! Ben just laughed and said, "Me too buddy, that's what I think too!" (p.s. that was the first and last time Ollie has peed outside the litter box!)


Later October 2005 - Aubrey and I left the rest of the girls with Grandparents after our morning Pumpkin Patch 'photo shoot' and had an afternoon with just Lexi! She was such a great little model for Auntie!


I could probably do this for hours... So I should just stop now and go to bed!

Except that I just found this one...

Summer 2006 - Ben was in the academy. Brendan and Makenna were trying to arrest him. Or, as Brendan kept saying, "Ben, Hod still ... I'm dunna awest you!" This picture totally looks like Ben was ignoring them, he wasn't! He just got a little side tracked because the kids wanted to cuff him themselves and they were taking a while to get it figured out

Okay, Goodnight!

4 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Ah, sweet memories!!! Isn't scary how those things seem like not that long ago...but it was! Time sure does fly!! :) I love you!!

~The White family~ said...

I forgot to say: I LOVE that one with your uncle Larry!! So funny...I bet that was a fun night!

Gramma Carol said...

Christina, what fun posts! I was glad to see the one in Vegas. Had forgotten how he teased you about the wedding places.

Most favorite, though, has just GOT to be Oct. 1, 2005 at Sea-Tac. What a beautiful picture! The smile on his face, hat in hand... You guys need to make that poster-sized, frame it, and hang it where it can remind you of your love for the rest of your lives.

I secretly wanted to be there to see the homecoming, but knew it was your time, so I'm really happy that we have this picture.

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Love the pictures! And I especially love the story about Warren and your trip to Vegas. I can totally hear him doing that.