Monday, June 2, 2008

Our Weekend

So Saturday, I managed to restrain myself from buying baby clothes. The only place I really found anything that I really liked was at Carters, and well - they'll end up with a ton of that stuff! Emily and Jenny bought some stuff while we were there, but I was so good! My goal will be to find something for the new White baby that isn't in every department store from Walmart to Macy's!
Emily just kind of popped out from the last time I saw her and was in need of maternity clothes, finally. We hit the tiny little outlet store at the Supermall and after perusing the store for a few minutes Emily walked into the dressing room with only a couple things that she saw and liked. At this point Jenny and I started to bring her all the cute things that we liked and wanted her to try on, but knew she wouldn't do it unless we had her pinned... We had that girl in there for an hour trying clothes on! After about 45 minutes of us throwing things over the top we could hear her, "This place isn't that big - where are you guys finding this stuff!?!" She opened the door for the 'likes' and the 'unsure's', but all we heard was a laugh with the no's as she'd shove them back out for us to get rid of. There was an adorable dress she put on that she had to have, I grabbed it and made it her birthday gift... It was my favorite thing and I started the day hoping to be able to get her something, so it worked perfectly! We crusied the rest of the Supermall and then headed to Babies R' Us so she could get a better look at things before she starts registering and buying.

Meanwhile back at Jared's, the boys - with Jared's dad Lannie, were working really hard demolishing the bathroom and tearing out water damaged wood from just about every corner of that room. They didn't finish it all, but it was time for Ben and Jared to go to Yelm to pick up Ben's 'new' safe. It's HUGE! Ben can fit ALL his current toys plus a stool to sit in there and play with them all. They hit the scales and the thing weighed in at over 2,220 lbs! It's over 6ft tall, 5 ft wide and at least 3 1/2 ft deep! He found it on Craigslist and got a deal (because it's really old.) At the new house, it's now a 1 car & 1 safe garage! Big thanks to my in-laws for allowing it to sit in their garage until we move. (Ben still has tools in my Dad's garage too - we're scattered everywhere!)

The girls watched 27 Dresses while waiting for the boys to get back... It was really cute, I was surprised! Then when the Y chromosomes made it back it was all Pizza and the MMA fight.

Sunday was not so hectic. Ben slept in as late as he possibly could to get enough rest to go back to work that night. I made him pancakes. We got ready and went to my grandparent's new place to see Aunt Debbie for her birthday. Papa and Ben got to chat while us girls were in the kitchen, it was so nice to catch up again :o)

2 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Glad you had a nice weekend!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

What self-control! I went into Carter's on Memorial Day and I guess that I left my self-control at home because I ended up buy several items for my step-sister's baby. It was a lot of fun.

I'm glad that you had a good weekend!