Thursday, August 14, 2008

Letting the cat out...

Today went really well! My Grandpa awoke from his procedure, they weren't able to 'fix' anything but cleared him for his neck surgery that will hopefully help him feel a lot better soon. Ben's appointment went well, he's got more tests in 4 weeks and then we'll know more but for now, we were told not to freak out... And as far as the one-year anniversary of Papa passing - we tried to lighten up the day a bit! Tomorrow is Chris and Jill's birthday (talk about bad timing for their Dad to pass) and Chris was at Gramma's house along with Aunt Cathy, Uncle Jim, Aunt Gayle and Uncle Les. I knew my Dad was at the house so we stopped there to pick him up first. Unfortunately he had to log into work so he couldn't come - but I had him check out Chris' birthday gift first... We headed up the hill and to Gramma's where we had Chris open her gift for herself and this is what she saw: 


Meet the little Blueberry... To appear in late March!

8 comments:

~The White family~ said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you, and me! I can't wait to be Auntie Aubrey :) I already love that little blueberry!

Chris Kaatz said...

This is the best birthday EVER! I already have baby fever.... I dreamt about the little blueberry last night!! no kidding!

And, I am already thinking about my name.... Am I going to be Gramma Chris, nanna Chris, BGE Chris (stands for Best Gramma Ever), or maybe "Gwamma Cwis"...

I am SOOOO excited!

evjlaj said...

Congrats there to one of our great grandcildren. We know how much you really wanted a child. So now this will make us great great grandparents. We must be getting old. Also we are hoping and praying that your new home will become a truism.
Also want you to know that you are very welcome to stop by and see us if you are ever over in our neighborhood.

evjlaj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gramma Carol said...

OMG, OMG...that was one of the best surprises EVER!!!! I couldn't believe it for a few moments! SOOOOO HAPPY for our whole family!!!! Will be praying for you, Ben, and Little Blueberry.

LOVE YOU!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Yippee!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!
Can't wait to meet him or her!

Jon & Jen said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you will both be wonderful parents.

Best wishes!

J Yo said...

What?? How exciting!! Congrats, Christina and Ben. Good work. :)