Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where's the remote?

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a day I'd like to just fast forward over... It marks the one year of my Papa's passing. Which in and of itself is just really weird, doesn't seem like that long ago. I am however blown away at my Gramma, her strength this year has impressed me!
We also had to make Ben an appointment for tomorrow based off of some concerning results from a blood test last week regarding his liver... And to top off the cake: my Grandpa is going in for some tests on his heart. His heart is absolutely incredible! He's had issues for years with it, and a concerned (or stubborn knowing him) decision 25+ years ago to 'wait' to correct blocked arteries forced his body to take care of it on it's own! Pictures of his heart show that 3 arteries, are just pretty much gone - instead his body has completely re-routed it's own blood supply to support the heart. Good news for the last 20 years, not so hot now that they need to do surgery on his neck - but his heart can't pass the test. The 4th artery is got quite a bit of blockage and they'll go in tomorrow to see if they can open it up at all. Due to the fact that they really aren't certain how his heart works... they've got no clue how to fix it if something happens while he's on the table. They actually told him that it's very possible he may not wake up... I get they have to tell the all the possible risks, but I also understand why he's at a greater risk than most others.
Tonight Ben and I are going out to have dinner with him and Grammy... The pause function would be nice to have then!

2 comments:

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

We will be praying for all of you tomorrow.

~The White family~ said...

I hope today goes well. Call me later and let me know about Ben. I love you!