Sunday, September 7, 2008

I just realized my Seattle picture is bigger than the allotted space for the background I found - I'm going to have to play with that image a little when I get my computer back and set up!

Anyway - this weekend turned out alright (for me anyway!) Yesterday morning I went to see Nick's 1st Fall Ball game. He went 3 for 3 with 3 RBI's and even got a chance to pitch 2 innings, of which he had a few strikeouts! The Little League rules are that no more than 5 runs can be scored by a team in an 'at bat' so the first 2 innings were called for Nick's team with them scoring 5 each. By the bottom of the 3rd they were up 11-1 which qualifies for the 10 run rule to end the game but with it being fall ball, aka Instruction Ball, and the fact that it was gorgeous out, Dad said to let them play it out. (I'm not actually sure why they all looked at Dad, he's not coaching for fall ball though I know he's on the board...) The game ended with Nick's team maintaining that 10 run lead and a 16-5 final!
Afterwards we went to lunch and then Chris headed down to the appliance store while I got our Refrigerator, and Chris got us our new washer/dryer from the family for a house-warming gift(THANK YOU so much Dad, Chris, Gramma and Auntie Jill!!!)
Meanwhile Ben spent the entire day with his dad moving again! This time it was a little more difficult - emotionally. Ben's grandpa has made the move to an assisted living community. We're really praying this will help him to stay level with his blood sugar! He'll be responsible for making his breakfast in his apartment, but they have lunch and dinner served down in the dining room - so at least we'll know that he'll eat (as long as he gets down there while meals are served!) His diabetes and his age lately haven't been the greatest mixture and hopefully with everything he'll need at his fingers - he can stay off the road now! I don't know that my poor in-laws and husband can deal with another low blood sugar car wreck... There's also so many social things he can get involved in so Ben and I are really excited for him in that respect.

Friday my managing partner walked by just as our real estate agent called to tell me the condo was officially closed and heard me all excited. When I got off the phone, he gave me tickets (and a parking pass) to the M's/Yankees game. The weather was absolutely amazing for a day at Safeco Field. We got the view box tickets this time - out of the 3 places Steve has season tickets, these are Ben's favorite! Mine too, but sometimes the Terrace Club is nice - squishier seats, but nearly the view. We've gotten to go to I think 10 games in the last 2 seasons (courtesy of my work) and a few the year before on our own, and today was the very first game we've been to where the M's have pulled out a win! We found out while trying to exit the stadium when we ran into Lindsay and her family that every game they've been to we win - so next year when we decide which games we want to go to, I'm going to call and see if they can plan to go as well! We really just love going to the games for spirit of going to a game - though today we found it's far more fun when they win! Even with the Mariner win I am so bummed that my boys lost today! No, not the Yankees, the Seahawks. Football is my favorite and the Seahawks just choked this afternoon! I've only seen a few clips of the game and it was painful - I don't imagine I'll watch the replay! (Ben likes football because it occupies me while he takes a nap) :o)

Arby's has their Orange Cream milk shakes back so we stopped to get one and I think the sugar got to Ben, that or his huge stadium Mt. Dew - because he was totally unable to sleep when we got home, so he just left for work without a nap. I really hate it when he does that! However, after his back to back days of work at at night and Ft.Lewis obligations during the day last week (leaving him with 12 hours sleep total from Monday afternoon to Thursday night, after a weekend of moving) I know the guy can do anything!

I'm sure this is long enough... And if you've made it this far, you're great and I appreciate your attention to my ramblings! Pictures of Nick's game and the house later!

2 comments:

Gramma Carol said...

Can you email me & tell me about where Grampa is & some other details?

~The White family~ said...

Sounds like you have a very nice weekend!!! Just a few more days and you will in your home! I am so happy for you guys! I miss you much!