Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So far...

My house is still littered with boxes - most empty, others full and I'm hoping they'll just disappear!

A freaked out cat that can't handle ceiling fans and howls at the top of the stairs because he's too much of wimp to go down them!

A big grocery shopping trip with my Mom who's helping me 're-learn' how to cook again. (I haven't made meals consistently since January! With busy season not being home, then putting the condo up for sale and not being able to be messy, and then moving - I couldn't put a week's menu together on my own right now if I tried unless we could have tacos three times, and then spaghetti twice)

Another ultrasound today, showing us a very active baby with a strong heartbeat! 

And a husband counting his days in his district after being told he got his transfer! We've known he got it but we finally got a date for his official move. (The last guy waited 6 months, they have to find replacements for district positions before moving to specialty type units - they're way too understaffed already to just go plucking guys off the streets)

A much needed 2 hour phone call to Moses Lake!

Up next: finish putting things away (or hiding them in closets), shopping for Emily's baby shower that will be HERE on Saturday. Friday morning I go back to the doctor's for some pre-screening for genetic and birth abnormalities - I'm a little nervous for those. I 'know' that everything will probably be fine, and then I think of all the other pregnant women that think the same thing and hear tragic news.... I've been told this new found anxiety and worry (and memory issues) comes from being pregnant - yippee, just what I wanted!

2 comments:

Gramma Carol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~The White family~ said...

I totally agree with your Gramma! It's just being a Mom and having another beautiful person to worry for and protect. Thankfully God is in control and you have comfort in that! I love you and enjoyed my 2 hour phone call that was WAY over due :) Miss you even more now (Didn't know that was possible) Hope you have great day and I will be calling you after Brady's doctor appointment today.