Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend

Saturday: Lazy morning with Ben until he left for work, Costco with Pink Gramma, goofing around a little with my little brother, calling Ben only to get the,"Call you back, I'm at the South Center shooting." (line disconnects) - Always fun for a wife... Then waiting 3 1/2 hours to hear from him, watching Get Smart with Nick and Gramma (to keep me awake until Ben got off), beating Ben home by a few minutes with a yummy Costco Pumpkin Pie to eat while he tells me his stories about very eventful day! Ben finally got to feel the little boy move! Maybe I'm a nerd - he thinks so, but I wanted to make sure that Ben felt him first before I let others feel him move, so that was nice for the baby to finally be active when Ben was home!

Sunday: Both of us were really tired after staying up so late, Ben was pretty sore after running around in his gear all Saturday afternoon (how quick his body forgot about Iraq) so he suckered me into rubbing his back for a while before bed early Sunday morning. Needless to say when the alarm went off for church, I was not ready to move! I looked over at Ben and he tightened his eyes and made a pouty face... so we were naughty and slept in. We finally rolled our bums out of bed to go meet some old neighbors for the Seahawks game. I realized that my body IS actually different now that I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant, on our hike to the stadium from the parking spot we found. We planned to eat before the game somewhere but ran out of time, so there I was walking away and started feeling light headed, then dizzy, the air was really cold so I was feeling like I couldn't get enough oxygen anyway... Yeah, Ben stopped and grabbed me a water right about the point I thought I was going to pass out. I had such a head rush that noises were muffled, and things were getting blurry. So the notion that I wouldn't drink a ton of water before the trip into Seattle to avoid having to pee all the way there turned out to not be such a great idea! Anyway, we finally got up to our nosebleed seats (another fun task, huffing and puffing all the way, with frequent breaks) Ben grabbed me some food and another water and we got to watch the Seahawks blow another game with all the disgruntled drunk fans around us. We decided that NFL games in person aren't our thing, especially up in the cheap seats. There ware too many fights and stairs covered in vomit to enjoy it for me. I love football - but I think I love it more from home! Walking back to the car turned out to be not a problem for me, it had to be the no food/water thing!

After finally getting home we took out our lists and the suggestions from the blog and narrowed down our names for the little boy!! We got a top 5, and then each numbered them in order. Our top 3's were in slightly different order, but the same so we dropped the bottom 2.

We're both kind of excited having 3 names left on the (only) list, our little guy's getting closer to having a name! I like names you can't shorten whereas Ben wants to lengthen them to give him an option later to use it if he wants, so we have 2 that would be lengthened officially but we won't call him that - unless he's in trouble. With our last name starting with 'J', we always get the one's who like to call us by initials, and than was a big thing for Ben to avoid with the baby too - he hated it. I think our 3 will avoid that situation too. :)

So the final names are:

*Luke (Lucas)

*Noah

*Finn (Finnigan)

(We're still unsure about middle names as, with these names, the same one wouldn't work for each of them)


3 comments:

Devin and Chelsey said...

I think they are all wonderful. You baby will be amazing either way!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Yay!! Very Cool top 3.

Gramma Carol said...

WOOHOO!!!!! I figured you might not tell us!

Now we just have to wait to see him in person!