Monday, July 7, 2008

Summary

It seems as if everyone's page is touching on the fact that we're really missing Papa this week. The 4th being his favorite holiday and tomorrow his birthday... I'm afraid mine is no different.
It was kind of weird honestly, although most family times are with him not there. I think we did great though under the circumstances. We enjoyed eachother, Dad BBQ'd chicken (which is always really yummy), Nick and I played catch ALL day... Low key and very nice. Nick stayed with me Thursday night, then again on Friday night and we went to bed before midnight both times, to which Nick dubbed us 'pathetic'. (We're usually up until after 2 in the morning!)

Saturday I went out to my Grandparent's place and spent some time there. I went and got Jake & Heather's new puppy, Kali, out of Cindy's basement (they're dog-sitting) and brought her out to Federal Way for the rest of the evening as projects weren't goign as quickly as we'd all thought.

Yesterday I went down to the South Center area and hit every little hole in the wall furniture store down in the industrial areas that I could find. There's a ton of little warehouses that are open to the public. I realized that the 2 that I'd already known about and frequent are still my favorites! Though it was fun, they're pretty much all the same :o) And now I'm glad I know that and when I get to add new pieces to the house, I can do so guilt free, knowing I've scouted all the competition!


The "pink, baby blue and white" 4th of July Cupcakes (Ben made fun of my light red - there's already a ton of food coloring in it and I couldn't get it any darker)

A good smile from Nick!?!

Nick Running after lighting a 'big one'


Ellie goes Ape over really stinky stuff, she loves rubbing all over it and snuggling to it... Here she is loosing her mind on Nick's feet! EWW!

3 comments:

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

It sounds like your get together at your dad's was a great idea. It sounds like just the right thing for everyone.

Love the cupcakes! It's hard to get the dark colors with food coloring. They still looked very yummy!

~The White family~ said...

The cupcakes look YUMMY! I missed you so much this weekend. I will be over there in 6 days! Next Monday I better see you :)

Gramma Carol said...

Those cupcakes WERE delicious! Made a yummy breakfast the next day...don't tell anybody.