Saturday, July 19, 2008

What a Guy!



Most of the time I've got Ben pegged! He'll start to giggle about something and all I have to do is look around his area to see what sparked the wheels to turn and I can almost always tell what he's thinking or about to say. Today he surprised me! We were down in the West Valley Highway/Industrial area when we saw a restaurant we'd heard about in one of the newer strips. Obviously closed on the weekends, we still drove in to see the hours. As we were sitting at the light to get back out of the parking lot, Ben opened his door reached out, snagged this flower and with a cheesy grin gave it to me, "I got you something! It's technically malicious mischief, but I got you a pretty flower!" I've had a hard last few days, and was spacing out a bit when he did it so it was an even sweeter gesture. As our light turned green he said "If they didn't want me to do it - there would be a sign 'please don't pick the flowers' !" Man, it sure is a good thing there wasn't a cop around!! :o)

3 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Such a sweet boy :)

love you
xoxo

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

I agree! Very Sweet!

Gramma Carol said...

Haha! Yep, good thing there wasn't a cop around! What a nice story!