Saturday, October 25, 2008

Moving in the baby...

I took Monday and Tuesday off this past week to hang out with my husband and kind of regenerate after the busy tax deadline. Ben's new shift means that I come home Wednesday - Friday to an empty house and spend Saturday's by my lonesome - however Sunday - Tuesday he's home ALL day! He's really enjoying it though, it's taking a bit to get him adjusted to a sleep schedule after working nights for so long, but he's getting a lot of action at work. (He's got some yucky area's now that I do better just trying not to think about!)
Anyway, we're excited for night sleeping Saturday and Sunday's off to start going back to church regularly! Woo-Hoo!

Back to the point - baby stuff! Monday Ben and I wandered down to the higher end baby furniture store that's usually very high priced and kind of just for fun, and ended up finding a huge sale! They've just been bought out and are getting rid of their high end manufacturers product, for higher end European products that are just too ridiculous to even think about paying for. Seriously, the store is about to belong in Manhattan or on Melrose... instead of Andover Pkwy in Tukwila where it currently sits. We found a very sturdy, solid wood, well made crib and dresser for what we would have paid for a crappy knock off from Babies R' Us. We bought it! I'm so the type that needs the instant gratification of a purchase - sitting around thinking about the money I spent on something when it's going to take 8 weeks to get here, just isn't my cup of tea! Large or small purchases, it just doesn't matter... If the cash isn't mine anymore, I want something to show for it! I googled the style and found a picture of the set and I thought I'd share. Ben was a total trooper and didn't even seem to be having a problem with the shopping trip. I was amazed - he hates furniture shopping... let alone for a little person that isn't even going to be here for 4.5 months! 


We got this set, minus the hutch part of the dresser. This is shown in the Cherry stain, our set is in the Dark Espresso color, I just couldn't find a picture online.

I felt the baby move last Wednesday (the 15th) for the first time. It wasn't the 'butterfly flutter' feeling that everyone said I'd get... This was a very distinct 'thump'. It felt like someone walked up and flicked my tummy (but from the inside!) It's totally weird, but still very cool. Over the last 2 days I've felt it ALL day long. It's really like that last ultrasound, wild! It's still not a flutter but more of a 'tugging', like it's grabbing onto random inside parts and just pulling on it, it's not 'annoying' yet, but as soon as it gets bigger - we might have to have a chat about calming down a little - I'm totally going to lose, but it's nice thinking that I might have a little power over something my body's doing. This sitting along for the ride stuff's not my style :o) 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saturday's with nothing to do is awesome, road trip to aunt Debbie's house hmmmmmmmmmmmm, just a thought

Gramma Carol said...

Awww! You felt Baby move! Woohoo! When he/she get's too rambunctious for you, soft music might help calm the little jumping bean down. Or not.

Did you get my email about the name I'm voting for? I assume my grandson arrested someone with that name or doesn't like a baseball player by that name or something, otherwise you'd be going YES, YES! THAT'S IT! Cause that was a really good name. Better than Chris' suggestion.

Gramma Carol said...

And I forgot to say, the furniture is beautiful! WTG...finding it! Your new home is just awesome.

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Very fun! How exciting that you are feeling the baby moving.

I'm glad that Ben had more "normal" hours and that you've had opportunity to take advantage of that.

I'm curious what names Chris & Carol suggested.

Whatever you guys pick will be perfect.

~The White family~ said...

Look at you posting like crazy! The furniture is beautiful. Isn't it the best feeling finally feeling the baby move....you can know that all is okay because you feel baby! love ya!

Devin and Chelsey said...

That set is Beautiful! You guys got a good deal on something that is really nice. Good for you! And Awesome for the feeling of your baby move, I just CAN'T wait!!!