Saturday, October 4, 2008

So, I did it...

...I bought a few things maternity today. It's so weird, I'm not yet big enough that I feel like I should need them, but after trying a few things on - and feeling SO much more comfortable, I think it might be worth it. A pair of jeans, pair of work pants and a 3/4 length sleeve tee was all I could bring myself to buy. Another something that I enjoy about the maternity clothes however, is that when I wear them I actually look pregnant, as opposed to wearing my regular clothes, and looking like I've just been eating bon-bons for the last 4 months. I also bought a book of baby names. I know there's 3 million web sites of them, but I'd like to be able to sit on the couch next to my boy and thumb through them instead of trying to rope him into sitting near the computer (of which there's nothing nearby to keep him occupied so he either falls asleep, or just leaves!)

I am 15 weeks today. Still getting nausea frequently throughout the day but not for super long periods of time and I'm not getting sick, for the most part. I have terrible motion sickness, even if I'm the one that's driving. No aches or pains yet, except for a little bit of lower body joint pain, which is actually very typical for me this time of year when it starts to cool down. I've not gotten cravings, but usually have the reverse - I have no idea what I want, but I can list all the things that will definitely NOT work with my stomach. Ben says this is nothing new, I've always done this - it's just way worse now that I'm pregnant! Sorry babe! It's true, ask anyone that's ever been out to eat with me! I don't make decisions for a group for food - makes me uncomfortable... If I make a suggestion to places that are "easy" or perhaps "nearby" know that I'm not trying to make more options for you, those are my places of choice :o)

I don't think any part of the last 15 weeks have I been emotional or overly moody due to pregnancy hormones. I have noticed that I am far less patient at work though - not a good thing! We have a few people I work with that love nothing more than to walk over to someone and state the really obvious, it has always driven me (and most others) crazy, but now I'm over the edge and feel myself making a face when they turn to walk away. Totally juvenile, I know - but proven entertaining for those that sit around me and wish they could do it too. :o)

I'm still pretty low on energy, especially on work days - I think it's the 1.5 hours I drive in traffic EACH WAY, that do it to me. That low patience thing is a terrible quality to have when navigating 405 during gridlock hours. It also bites, because anytime I take 1 drink of water, it means I have about 10 minutes before my bladder thinks it's full! I'm not used to needing to get up that many times a night to pee! I'm not quick to fall back asleep either so it makes a good night's rest difficult.

The baby's the size of an apple now, I'm getting impatient to know what it is, I think so is Ben a little :o) We want to know what we should start calling 'it', because 'it' just isn't working for us anymore!

6 comments:

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Love the update. Will you put pictures of you and your tummy up for us to see? Or is that not in your comfort zone? :)

Rusting away in Washington said...

Oh A new wardrobe! How fun! I loved being pregnant in the winter time - when and if I got past the morning sickos. lots of options for winter clothes (lots of cute stuff now) and you could eat all that holiday food without feeling guilty! Oh but, I do remember the potty trips every five minutes. You'll soon have to plan your trips around where the bathroom is and take advantage of them when you find one!
Enjoy!

Gramma Carol said...

And remember those routes that you choose to drive according to where there are bathrooms...you will need that info when you are old and gray.

~The White family~ said...

YAY! I am so proud of you finally buying yourself some comfortable clothes :) Here's to the rest of your life in comfy clothes :)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to try fit pregnancy.
Love ya

Chris Kaatz said...

Awesome update! Sorry you have such an awful commute.

You're excited to know what gender the baby is? I will tell you..... It's a girl :-)

Yay for girls!!

Gramma Chris