Tuesday, December 30, 2008

27 weeks

Saturday I entered my 27th week of pregnancy. I'm still feeling really good and have only minor complaints. Bending isn't so easy anymore, especially if I need to breathe while doing it... The only time it really bothers me is in bed when I'm trying to get up (to pee every 45 minutes) or get comfortable - it takes so much more energy to move when you're abdominals aren't able to flex the way you need them to. I haven't grown out as far as everyone around me seems to think I would have by now. To be honest, it's kind of nice. I was concerned about getting a little 'extra' during the pregnancy, but so far I'm a tad under the doctor's healthy weight chart - with no extra effort on my part :o) (i.e. don't rag on me for depriving my body, or dieting - I'm not!) I eat when I'm hungry and it doesn't seem to take much to fill my stomach (I think he's compressing that as well as my bladder). I'd be alright if he wanted to push out a little though, breathing might be a little easier.

I realized that I haven't blogged much about the pregnancy itself, so just giving a little update. From the post at 13 or so weeks where I talked about what a pain the baby was during the ultrasound: moving all around, hiding under my pelvic bone, etc. He hasn't slowed down much at all! He moves during the day, roughly every 45 minutes to an hour and is active for 5-10 minutes. At night he tends to be a little more active, for longer periods of time and shorter intervals in between... He seems to have more strength then too, the kicks to the ribs actually sting for a second.

It's getting a little strange to think that he'll be here in just 3 months! Exciting, yet dreading busy season at work while in my third trimester! I'm praying to have the energy and the ability to get as much of the overtime as I can get. For one, it's my job; and two, it's extra time that I'll be able to take off after he gets here! I have my glucose test tomorrow morning, I've had the red 'juice' sitting in my fridge since my last appointment and from what I hear it's really yucky :o(

I'll let ya'll know if I get anything interesting tomorrow, in the meantime here was our update from babycenter on Saturday (every Saturday morning we get our weekly update on the progress of the baby and read it before Ben goes to work)

Oh, and his hiccups, tend to last way longer than a few moments - yesterday sitting at my desk we had a 5 minute episode! Every 20 seconds or so I got a little 'jump'

"This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 15 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."

4 comments:

Devin and Chelsey said...

Ohh how fun, I'm so happy and glad for you. I can't wait for your baby shower. Is there anything that you really Want or Need that may not be on the list? I'm glad your still feeling ok, that sucks about the peeing part. Ugh

J Yo said...

Tip for drinking the red 'juice' in the morning...drink it faster during the first few minutes. It actually gets grosser the cooler it gets and the more you drink. You might even try putting it in the freezer for like 15-20 minutes, because the colder it is the less gross it is. :)

~The White family~ said...

Yes, drink that stuff cold and just chug it! Try not to stop or you will have a hard time finishing it...it is just super sweet! My tummy got a little upset so just prepare yourself and take a snack so you have something to eat after they take your blood!

Love you and the little 27 weeker ;)

Rusting away in Washington said...

Thanks for the update! You have been pretty queit! Maybe taking some naps! Enjoy the naps while you can!